Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My Best Albums of 2005 (Bloggers and rocksnobs edition)

At the specific request of RockstarJoe I have compiled my list of my favorite albums of 2005. I gotta say this process is a million times easier when you have an ipod that can arrange albums by their release date, and you simply select your favorites.

If you do not like indie-rock or altCountry then you may look at this list and wonder what the fuck am I talking about. But for those of you (RSJ, SCG, etc.) who are down with this stuff, you will know what is what. Maybe later in the week I will make a list of top 10 albums of 2005 that people other than bloggers and rock-nerds would enjoy.

Anyway, here is the hastily compiled list. My Best of 2005:

1. I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning - Bright Eyes
2. Jacksonville City Nights - Ryan Adams & the Cardinals
3. Late Registration - Kanye West
4. Nashville - Josh Rouse
5. Transistor Radio - M. Ward
6. Songs for Silverman - Ben Folds
7. Cold Roses - Ryan Adams
8. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
9. Okemah and the Melody of Riot - Son Volt
10. Plans - Death Cab For Cutie
11. Z - My Morning Jacket
12. Discover a Lovelier You - Pernice Brothers
13. Wedding Crashers - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
14. Gimme Fiction - Spoon
15. Digital Ash in a Digital Urn - Bright Eyes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home