Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back that azz up

WEEKEND NEWS
Last weekend was huge. Starting with the NCAA tournament on Thursday and ending with my 2 day hangover after Saturday night’s party.

Now THIS was a party

At least it was a party for me until 11:30 when I decided to take a break from the madness and hang out between two dumpsters for a little while. Thus leading to my first, and hopefully last ever, two day hangover.

Apparently, and according to Spoony's paparazzi footage this, is, my, favorite move, the reverse attack with back slap seems to have been employed many times, who knew. But it cant compete with their favorite move.
**********************************************************************
SPORTS

How great was the On Demand March Madness from CBS Sportsline last week. I was able to watch almost all of the tournament games from my desk and the On Demand program even had a “Boss Button” which minimized the game, muted the sound, and brought a spreadsheet up onto the screen. Good times.

The hated Duke, however, took out my Colonials in the second round of the tourney. Coach K is evil and, get this, Coach K eats pieces of shit like you, and kids, for breakfeast, just watch his eyes closely in this picture.




















Also if you notice during this week’s Duke games, there will be multiple coach K recruiting violations…I mean commercials starring coach, which should be recruiting violations. Check out this video of some of the lost commercials
(Also check out the napolean dynamite cartoon starring NC State football coach Chuck Amato, called "Chuck Dynamite" at the bottom - its freaking high-larious)

The rest of the tourney should be great, as long as we don’t have to endure anymore Aplebees freaking shrimp sensations commercials about a three hour tour, a three hour teewwwer. The repetition of that commercial alone is reason enough to get tivo and learn how to fast forward.
**********************************************************************
ARTS - music, movies

I was a huge fan of Clipse first album, and I need to pick up their underground mix-tape, despite the fact that all they rap about is slinging coke.
The amazing title of this review perfectly sums up the Clipse:
"Two cold-blooded rappers who insist they deal drugs. A lot." - what a great title. They really do want you understand that they sell drugs, a ton of drugs, for a lot of money, no really they insist, it is what they do, believe it.

I was weary of the Dave Chappelle block party movie as it seems to be mostly concert footage and those types of movies can get pretty tedious. But after reading these reviews I may have to pick up the DVD when it comes out.

Is there any reason my IPOD tells me that I have listened to the Josh Rouse song "Givin' it up" 20 times in the past week. The new album is not his best but that song has been stuck in my head for days and I can't stop playing it.

Why don’t the judges in any of my cases ever quote Billy Madison
******************************************************************
FRONT PAGE

Bush is scared of a redonkulous religous question.

The first questioner at a recent and rare Bush press conference aksed
"Author Kevin Phillips... makes the point that members of your administration have reached out to prophetic Christians who see the war in Iraq and the rise of terrorism as signs of the apocalypse. Do you believe this, that the war in Iraq and the rise of terrorism are signs of the apocalypse? And if not, why not?"
Here is the ABC news account of his response “Bush was taken aback.”
"Hmm," he started. "The answer is I haven't really thought of it that way," he continued, to laughter from the audience. "Here's how I think of it. The first I've heard of that, by the way. I guess I'm more of a practical fellow."

Then he goes into his standard war blah blah blah talk.

Now watch the question and watch Bush weekly try to form a response. You can cut it off after his first sentence unless you wanna hear more rambling on ...terror...iraq...al quaida..evil...etc...etc.


Anyways, why is this the first time Bush has ever thought of this... it would be the first time that “I” have ever thought of this but I am not a born-again fundamentalist who really believes in this nonsense and Bush is supposed to be one of those people, and yet he laughs at the question.

I know my first response would be... “Are you crazy? NO, I don’t believe it is a sign of the apocalypse, I don’t even believe that the “end of days” is around the corner or that a biblical storm will envelop the globe. I don’t believe the bible literally.” It looks like Bush wants to say that too, he certainly laughs at the question, but it is nervous laughter so who knows what hes thinking. Either Bush knows that being a fake born again christian warrior is the way to win supporters to his side, so he has to lie and say “I havent thought of that,” OR what...what is the other option?

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Starkville Bible Student said...

Good observations. I heard this when it happened and am glad to have found the clip. The President was like a deer in the headlights. Of course he knows all this and believes in the Armeggedon of the Hagee's and the LaHayes and all the left-behinders.

I wish I know who asked that question. i can't find out she is. She deserves a medal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home