Thursday, March 22, 2007

I don't even like liver

This is certainly closer to a link dump than a blog post, but look what Rex from Fimoculous says about link blogs in Wired Magazine:
“The link is its own genre: sparsely worded, underlined, a discrete distillation of a new world that lies on the other side of a click. Such a simple form, yet it connects two universes. By filtering and condensing, the link blog turns online chaos into a tidy little stack of clickable potential.”
So there. I’m not just cutting and pasting crap, I’m connecting Universes.
**************************************************************************
I was March madder than hell when Maryland got screwed by the refs on Saturday night, but a few more vodka tonics at District Chophouse quickly erased that anger, and you have to give it to Butler, they played well and probably deserved to win.

There is no doubt, however, that MD got jobbed by the refs, and even the joe-lieberman-loving-fake-democrat-political- bloggers at the New Republic could see that (Pity the Turtle) -
Also the Terps lasted longer than Duke, so that is always win.
Don’t hate the player, hate their evil rat-like coach. Go here for a good dose of Coach K haterade.
***************************************************************************
With Leather comes through again. This time finding a link to the greatest (beer pong) game ever played

From the FAQ on their website, the game was played over one night, using a keg and half in Ann Arbor Michigan
*****************************************************************************
Will someone else who watches 30 Rock, tell me if this is Tracy Morgan being Tracy Jordan or just Tracy Morgan being Tracy Morgan

*****************************************************************
*******************************************************************************
Is there a better way to totally waste 10 minutes than by listening to Weird Al’s - Trapped in the Drive Thru. The video is pretty weak, but the song is not.
****************************************************************
Yo Donkies(eys), its Dominic the Dahnkey
******************************************************************
Everyone knows the Star Wars Kid but I have never seen this other “Prisoner of You Tube” - Fat Mom Singing on Beach
*******************************************************************************
I finally got my hands on that Idiocracy DVD. I havent watched it yet but this design blog lets me know that it is worth watching just based upon the background stills.
*************************************************************************
Forget iphone...here comes google phone . Gimme.
*************************************************************************
Lance Mannion explains why glowing reviews from the right-wing-nutjob-land have soured me on any desire to see 300:
You would have to be incredibly paranoid, in addition to being afflicted with crippling self-pity and narcissism, to see the position of the United States today as analogous to that of the three hundred Spartans surrounded and about to be overwhelmed and annihilated by the the well-trained, well-equipped army of the most powerful empire in the world.

And you would have to be entirely deluded by a homoerotic hero-worship to think that Leonidas, an actual warrior-king who personally led his Spartans into battle and lay down his life along with theirs, and George Bush have anything in common.

*************************************************************
Those wheat donuts must be good.
*******************************************************************
Who said that once you become a Republican candidate for President you must disavow any knowledge of science. It is amazing that this transcript of an interview with John McCain is real, and did not come from the Onion. The reporter gave McCain about four outs to try to let him recognize that condoms can help stop the spread of disease, but with the Christian right watching, McCain wont dare acknowledge science.

Q: “What about grants for sex education in the United States? Should they include instructions about using contraceptives? Or should it be Bush’s policy, which is just abstinence?”
Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “Ahhh. I think I support the president’s policy.”
Q: “So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?”
Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “You’ve stumped me.”
Q: “I mean, I think you’d probably agree it probably does help stop it?”
Mr. McCain: (Laughs) “Are we on the Straight Talk express? I’m not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception – I’m sure I’m opposed to government spending on it, I’m sure I support the president’s policies on it.”
Q: “But you would agree that condoms do stop the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. Would you say: ‘No, we’re not going to distribute them,’ knowing that?”
Mr. McCain: (Twelve-second pause) “Get me Coburn’s thing, ask Weaver to get me Coburn’s paper that he just gave me in the last couple of days. I’ve never gotten into these issues before.”
This went on for a few more moments until a reporter from the Chicago Tribune broke in and asked Mr. McCain about the weight of a pig that he saw at the Iowa State Fair last year.


Are you fucking kidding me? You have to check with your political stance before you can go out on a limb regarding whether condoms help prevent AIDS. Straight talk express my ass. Goes right in line with this weeks news about Republicen Congressmen having to deny science on global warming before getting on a committee. Sickening.
*****************************************************************************
But at least we have Fitzmas, Abramoffakuh, and now New Years Roving Eve.
I was on the Fitzmas train on this blog since ‘95, and it was a success in nailing Cheney’s Cheney, Scooter Libby. Then Abramoffakuh spread Republican corruption around so nicely that they lost control of Congress.
Now this US Attorneys General scandal may be the New Years Roving Eve that finally brings down KKarl, and almost certainly will nail AG “torture memo” Gone-zalez.
*******************************************************************

3 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger dumpoplex said...

The more links the better! I have a short attention span and like to click on things. Also, 30 Rock is OUTSTANDING. Morgan is the best part of the show. The best episode was when Conan talked to Tracy.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger The Redonkulous Linker said...

Thanks Dump. Can I call you Dump? So what do you think? Was he wasted or acting - or both?

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger dumpoplex said...

Sure, all my friends call me Dump. I think he was wasted. Tracy Morgan is kind of insane and I think he was sauced up when he did this interview.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home